You can name Hadassah as a beneficiary of your savings accounts, CDs and other bank accounts by designating your account as Payable on Death (POD) to Hadassah. You can also name Hadassah as the beneficiary of your brokerage account by designating the account as Transfer on Death (TOD) to Hadassah. Most states recognize these types of accounts. POD and TOD accounts allow you to transfer assets to Hadassah after your lifetime. The funds will be distributed to Hadassah without going through probate.
IMPORTANT: Banks and other financial institutions will not try to contact the POD and TOD beneficiaries after the accountholder passes away. If you have named Hadassah as a POD or TOD beneficiary of a bank or brokerage account, please tell us! In addition, please provide the account information to your executor, attorney or other trusted individual and ask them to contact Hadassah after you pass away.
- Contact us at (800) 428-8884 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- Ask your bank or broker how to make your account "payable on death" or "transfer on death."
- Please use our legal name, address and Federal Tax ID if naming Hadassah as the beneficiary of your savings accounts, CD’s or other bank accounts.
- Provide the account information to your executor, attorney or other trusted individual and ask them to contact Hadassah after you pass away.
|Legal Name:||Hadassah, The Women's Zionist Organization of America, Inc.|
|Address:||40 Wall Street, 8th floor, New York, NY 10005
ATTN: Planned Giving & Estates
|Federal Tax ID No.:||13-1656651|
The information and content contained herein are intended for educational purposes only and are not intended to provide legal, tax or other professional advice or to be relied upon. We encourage you to consult with an attorney, tax advisor or accountant.