Life insurance allows you to make a significant gift even if your means are limited today.
Here are some ways that you can turn your policy into charitable support for Hadassah:
- If you would like to make a future gift to Hadassah while retaining ownership of your life insurance policy, you can name Hadassah as the beneficiary of all or part of the death benefits and keep the right to change the beneficiary designation. This type of gift gives you the opportunity to make a significant future gift to Hadassah and the flexibility to change your mind at any time.
- You may have taken out a policy years ago to provide for your family should something happen to you or your spouse, but the original purpose for your policy no longer applies. If you transfer ownership of the policy to Hadassah and name Hadassah as the beneficiary, you may receive an immediate income tax charitable deduction and may reduce your future estate tax liability. If the policy is in premium-paying mode, you may receive additional tax benefits when you make annual gifts to Hadassah to cover the premium payments. When the policy matures, the proceeds are paid to Hadassah. You may be able to leave a gift to Hadassah far in excess of what you may have thought possible.
- Even greater leverage is possible when two donors, usually spouses, purchase a two-life second-to-die policy. Since the policy pays only after both people have passed on, a future gift to us costs even less.
Download Your Free Guide
Learn more about this gift by downloading your FREE copy of our informative guide Life Insurance: A Gift for Hadassah’s Future.Download My Guide
- Contact us at 800-428-8884 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- Contact your insurance agent to arrange for assignment of ownership of the policy to Hadassah.
- Please use our legal name, address and Federal Tax ID if naming Hadassah owner and beneficiary of your policy.
|Legal Name:||Hadassah, The Women's Zionist Organization of America, Inc.|
|Address:||40 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005|
|Federal Tax ID No.:||13-1656651|
The information and content contained herein are intended for educational purposes only and are not intended to provide legal, tax or other professional advice or to be relied upon. We encourage you to consult with an attorney, tax advisor or accountant.
California residents: Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under this agreement, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. Oklahoma residents: A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department.
South Dakota residents: Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.