Save on Taxes and Time When Donating Property
The most straightforward way to make a gift of real estate to Hadassah is direct donation of your property. You can also place your property in a trust or give it to Hadassah through your will. Consult your tax advisor for more information on the financial benefits of these options. Gifts of real estate are subject to Hadassah's policies regarding the acceptance of real property.
Did you know?
Donating a home or other piece of real estate eliminates the capital gains tax that would be owed if you were to sell it.
In addition to freeing you from the costs and responsibilities of ownership, making an outright gift of property that you have owned for more than a year offers these benefits:
- You obtain an income tax charitable deduction equal to the property's full fair market value. This deduction reduces the cost of making your gift and frees cash that otherwise would have been used to pay taxes.
- You eliminate capital gains tax on the property's appreciation.
- The transfer is not subject to the gift tax, and the gift reduces your future taxable estate.
- Contact us at 800-428-8884 or firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy of our real estate questionnaire.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
The information and content contained herein are intended for educational purposes only and are not intended to provide legal, tax or other professional advice or to be relied upon. We encourage you to consult with an attorney, tax advisor or accountant.