Turn Your Generosity Into a Lifetime of Payments for You or a Loved One
A charitable gift annuity is a popular way to make a gift to Hadassah and enjoy payments for yourself at the same time. You make a gift of cash or securities of $5,000 or more and will receive a fixed amount quarterly for the rest of your life. The payout rate is fixed when you establish the annuity and remains the same for your lifetime. After your lifetime, the remainder of the annuity is used by Hadassah to support its lifesaving mission. If you yourself do not need the funds, you may establish an annuity as a gift for one or two important people in your life.
If you do not need the money today, but are planning ahead for your retirement years, consider a deferred charitable gift annuity. You establish the gift annuity now and elect to start receiving payments at least one year in the future (so long as you are at least 60 years old when the payments start). You can also establish a deferred gift annuity to benefit a loved one. The longer the deferral period, the higher the payout rate and the larger the charitable deduction.
A charitable gift annuity with Hadassah...
- will provide you and/or a loved one with fixed payments that are partially tax-free for your life expectancy (or combined life expectancies), regardless of market conditions
- may allow you to claim a federal income tax charitable deduction on a portion of your gift in the year you establish the annuity
- may allow you to reduce your capital gains tax liability if you establish the annuity with appreciated securities
- will help to secure Hadassah's future, and your own
Gift Annuity Payout Rates
The payout rate is based on the age of the person or people receiving payments and the number of people receiving payments (one or two). The rate is determined when you establish the gift annuity and, because it is not tied to the stock market or interest rates, it will never change. Please use the gift illustrator to calculate the payout rate and other benefits using your actual date of birth.
|Your Age||Payout Rate|
|Your Ages||Payout Rate|
*Rates as of September 2018. Some states may require lower rates.
- Contact us at 800-428-8884 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a personalized illustration.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- Complete Hadassah's gift annuity application and return it to us with your check (if using cash) or information about transferring securities (if using stock).
The information and content contained herein are intended for educational purposes only and are not intended to provide legal, tax or other professional advice or to be relied upon. We encourage you to consult with an attorney, tax advisor or accountant. References to estate and income taxes include federal taxes only. State income/estate taxes and/or other state laws may impact your results.
California residents: Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under this agreement, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. Oklahoma residents: A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. South Dakota residents: Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.